Our Local Governing Body plays an important role in supporting the Board of Trustees and providing key elements of local governance for schools. Erdington Hall Primary has a Local Governing Body consisting of representatives from both schools.
The Local Governing Body are responsible for:
- Ensuring the academy is operating within the mission and ethos of the trust and contributing to the trust’s key strategic priorities.
- Monitoring the quality of teaching and learning, attendance, behaviour and safety, within the academy and progress against the academy improvement plan.
- Holding school leaders to account for improvement of standards in the school.
- Engaging with wider academy activities as a means of monitoring overall quality.
- Ensuring compliance with the Trusts policy for Safeguarding and that the Academy maintains a ‘culture of vigilance in respect of all safeguarding matters.
- Appointing all staff except Principals, teaching staff on Leadership Scale and Support Staff on Grade 6 or above.
Please see below the members of the Erdington Hall Primary Local Governing Body. For further details on the governance and statutory information of Summit Learning Trust, please click here